Thavasa murungai keerai
- Scientific name: Justica tranquebariensis, Justica Tarangabadi
- Place of origin: India, Sri Lanka, South East Asian countries like Malaysia. The name Tranquebar was the former name for Tarangabadi district in Nagapattinam in Tamil Nadu.
- Description: Sub-shrub with wedge-shaped fibrous leaves and pink tongue-shaped flowers.
- Grow best: In moist soil, in partial shade and sufficient water. Propagation by stem cuttings and seeds.
- Use: Leaves are used as nutritious and tasty leafy vegetable, stir- fried or in curries along with pulses.