- Known as: Chinese Evergreen.
- Place of origin: Tropical and sub-tropical areas of Asia.
- Description: Perennial, growing to about 6in and with attractively marked foliage leaves. Plenty of hybrids are available.
- Grow best: Propagation is by stem cuttings. Place in diffused light. Requires the right amount of watering. Check for mealy bugs. Pull out old or torn leaves for healthy appearance.
- Use: Indoors only. Using gloves is necessary when handling cuttings as the sap is a skin irritant.