- Known as: Lucky Bamboo, Dracaena green vastu
- Scientific name: D. sanderiana
- Place of origin: Native African species.
- Description: Although this plant is referred to as ‘lucky bamboo’, it does not belong to this taxonomy. Narrow spikey, green leaves grow slowly about 1” a month.
- Grow best: Place indoors. Propagate by stem cuttings which take root in water. Thrive if placed in just water. May be pruned and shaped imaginatively.
- Use: Indoors in houses and offices to create spaces of energy and security and love. It is believed to bring happiness and prosperity and therefore carries an ‘auspicious’ value.