- Known as: Bird’s nest fern
- Scientific name: Polypodium vulgare/ Asplenium nidus
- Place of origin: Tropics and rainforests
- Description: More than 12000 species exist since pre-historic times. Lace-like leaves growing on branched stalks in shady areas and propagate by spores. They can grow as epiphytes on other trees.
- Grow best: In shady areas with dappled sunlight, ideal under the shade of trees and requires less water.
- Use: Indoors in office spaces close to the windows for partial sunlight. Certain species found in South East Asian countries are edible.