- Known as: Christmas Flower
- Scientific name: Euphorbia pulcherrima
- Place of origin: Mexico.
- Description: Small shrub growing to 0.6 to 4mts with dark green dentate leaves and brightly coloured- red, pink, orange, pale green, cream or even white bracts. Flowers are small and yellow and insignificant and found in the centre of the bract arrangements.
- Grow best: In plenty of sunlight, in rich soil with just the required amount of water.
- Use: Ornamental use for indoors and in flower arrangements especially during Christmas.
Poinsittias need to be fertilized once every two weeks, using a low volume fertilizer, best use liquid fertilizers.