- Known as: Kalengium in Tamil
- Place of origin: Tropical Asia, Southern Americas and Africa
- Description: Flowering succulent, about 30cm with light green, fleshy leaves that may be ovate with scalloped margins. Bright colored flowers that may be red, yellow, pink or white. Miniature hybrids exist with double-petalled flowers as shown here.
- Grow best: In well-drained soil. Water correctly as too much causes root rot. Propagate from stem cuttings or even leaves. After flowering, pinch the flowering points to keep the plant bushy.
- Use: Position outdoors, in shade. Attractive for rockeries.