- Scientific name: Rubber Plant 8
- Place of origin: Malaysia and other South East Asian countries.
- Description: Perennial tree grows to 2m, with large, shiny dark green leaves but flowers are neither attractive nor fragrant. The young leaves appear wrapped in a bright red bract. Stem and foliage contain a rubber-like latex.
- Grow best: Easy to grow in partial but good light with careful watering, in any good light, rich compost soil. Propagation by seed or cuttings.
- Use: Indoors with trimming to obtain a many stemmed beautiful foliage house tree.